About Me and My Research
I'm a first-year MLIS student in the residence program. I am very excited for the Amsterdam program because it brings together the things I am really interested in: research, technology and systems development. My plan (right now, anyway) is to work on a research project related to how students and scholars research, especially how they use social software and collaborative technologies to do their research. And how those technologies change how people research. So hopefully plenty of people in the program will be using both collaborative and social software so I can study you!
As for something about myself, I live in Ballard with my husband, Scott, and our lab, Hank. We've lived in Seattle about ten years with a two year hiatus when we lived in Utrecht, The Netherlands, from 2001 to 2003. I worked for a long time as a test engineer for a Seattle software company called WRQ. WRQ doesn't really exist anymore, as it was merged with another company, but it was a great place while it lasted.
Scott and I started snowboarding about nine years ago and we both love it. Our favorite spot around here is Mt. Baker. We try to get to Whistler at least once a year, too.
And to wrap up, here's a picture of Hank after a muddy evening at the park.
As for something about myself, I live in Ballard with my husband, Scott, and our lab, Hank. We've lived in Seattle about ten years with a two year hiatus when we lived in Utrecht, The Netherlands, from 2001 to 2003. I worked for a long time as a test engineer for a Seattle software company called WRQ. WRQ doesn't really exist anymore, as it was merged with another company, but it was a great place while it lasted.
Scott and I started snowboarding about nine years ago and we both love it. Our favorite spot around here is Mt. Baker. We try to get to Whistler at least once a year, too.
And to wrap up, here's a picture of Hank after a muddy evening at the park.
