« Home | Interdisciplinarity & Transdisciplinarity readings » | Revised Abstract » | Research Topic: Virtual 3rd Place » | Mak's Amsterdam » | IA Summit - Take Two » | IA Summit » | About Me and My Research » | I hope my Dutch comes back... » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

how to be interdisciplinary

Reading everyone's reflections on the interdisciplinary readings is really helpful, especially since they were kind of dry readings. One blog (I think it was Kathy's) really summed it up by saying that it's not just about bringing people from different disciplines together to work on one project...

So what is it? I'd love some more examples (the Unsworth speech was a good start) of interdisciplinary projects, especially relative to the development of the research questions. I understand how methods are different across disciplines and how perspectives might be different but how does working on an interdisciplinary project impact how you develop your research question? That's my burning question today...

About me

  • I'm Kathleen
  • From Seattle, Washington
My profile
www.flickr.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates