« Home | April 9 Readings » | Rick Steves » | how to be interdisciplinary » | Interdisciplinarity & Transdisciplinarity readings » | Revised Abstract » | Research Topic: Virtual 3rd Place » | Mak's Amsterdam » | IA Summit - Take Two » | IA Summit » | About Me and My Research » 

Saturday, April 22, 2006 

Internet Research Results

I've got two so far, so I thought I would post them. I'll update with the third when I finish my research. So here's what I've found:


  1. AIS SIGED: International Academy for Information Management - This is an educational SIG (Special Interest Group) associated with the International Academy for Information Management (IAIM), which is affiliated with the Association for Information Systems. I found a couple of interesting conference sessions from the 2005 Las Vegas Conference. They are: "Collaborative Learning in an e-Learning Environment: a Case Study" presented by Prof. Carina de Villiers (carina.devilliers@up.ac.za), Department of Informatics, University of Pretoria and "The hybrid course: Using asynchronous learning tools in the classroom" presented by James Novitzki (j_novitzki@jhu.edu), Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Information Technology, Johns Hopkins University.

    This site is useful because it has a conference proceedings from the last six years, including summaries of the presentations and contact information. It also has a link to its journal, The Journal of Informatics Education Research. It also has a lot of its officers which might be helpful, too. Overall, it has a lot of good links to literature and people in the field.

  2. Ray Schroeder (schroeder.ray@uis.edu) is a Professor of Communication at the University of Illinois at Springfield. His site is especially interesting because he maintains several blogs about online learning and educational technology. These blogs are a collection of thoughts he has as well as links to articles and news stories he thinks are interesting. He also uses technologies extensively in his classes.

  3. Hawaii International Conference on System Science - this is an annual conference sponsored by the University of Hawaii. Hala Annabi (an Assistant Professor in the iSchool) has presented at this conference a number of times and my research interests are very close to a lot of work she has done. This site has some interesting papers, presentation and presenters. There's a whole track for the 2007 Conference on Collaboration Systems and the co-chairs of that track are good people for me to contact. They are Robert Briggs (bob@GroupSystems.com) from Group Systems.Com and Jay F. Nunamaker (nunamaker@cmi.arizona.edu) from the University of Arizona.

About me

  • I'm Kathleen
  • From Seattle, Washington
My profile
www.flickr.com
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates